Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Bit About Me and What I Do...

This is my very first attempt at writing a blog surprisingly enough. I've never really had anything interesting to share. I'm a lover of cosmetics, fashion, shoes, video games, baseball, and bikes and thought that perhaps bringing all of the different facets of my life together in one blog could be somewhat interesting, although I have a feeling it will mostly be about cosmetics since that's where my passion generally lies. I'm going to post a couple of looks that I have done recently but the pictures are pretty crappy. Some of these looks are completely ripped off and I'll be the first to admit that. If I see something I love, I try it and document how it came out. Some of them that I post (like some upcoming Halloween looks) are my own or I have drawn inspiration from other artists and build on it. I have started making my own line of shadows and will start posting photos of them as soon as I get a chance.

 I promise to start taking pictures with a real camera rather than a cell phone soon.

This is a look that I love to do. Yes, I know it's been done to death but I think the colors are so much fun! While I love using grays, blacks, whites, and neutrals on my eyes I can't help but to be drawn to color. It's just so different and in a smaller town like where I am right now, really makes you stand out from the crowd. This look was created using a mix of SugarPill Cosmetics which I use almost daily and a generic palette with 88 colors that I ordered from Amazon.



One of my all time favorite looks is a pink smokey eye. Sometimes I'll use purple and sometimes black but it's definitely my go to look. I promise to take a better picture of it with a real camera next time.



My version of old Hollywood Glam. Again, it's been done but it's always fun. Rather than going for the more swooped wing I kept it pretty angular and brought it down instead of up a bit. The iphone does a weird fishbowl effect to my face so I included a normal picture of me to show that my lips and jaw are really not that big!



~Told you~


Lastly, I was going for more of an Egyption thing here. I really would like to do this look again and retake with a better camera because the white stood out so much against the black in the crease and the black liner. It's one of my boyfriends favorite looks (when he notices I did my makeup).

No comments:

Post a Comment